A foreign professional architect that would like to renew his Temporary Special License and continue engaged in related work within the country, will have to expedite and follow the renewal process in accordance to Law 435 of 1998, and must be approved by the Council. The documents that are required to apply for this license are:
- Temporary Special License form. (Please download, fill out and print the form in this link)
- ID Photocopy. (This could be a valid passport, or ¨cédula de extrangería¨.
- Request document by the company or organization´s legal representative, who intends to engage the requester of the Temporary Special License. The labor contract must be in accordance to Law 435 of 1998, indicating the position the requester will be carrying out, its objective, validity dates and certifications that the foreign architect complies with all necessary experience to accomplish the previously mentioned.
- Legal documents that establish validity and legality of the company or organization that will employ the foreign architect. Said documents shall not be expedited outside of 1 month period from the date the request is submitted to the CPNAA.
- Pertinent accreditations that validate and authorize the foreign architect to execute his position in the country he comes from. These documents must be dully translated to spanish alongside the apostil, if necessary, and cannot have a date greater than 1 month, from the time the request has been submitted to the CPNAA.
Temporary Special License renewal pricing: $589.500 COP.
The Council will renew the Temporary Special License for only 1 year, and one time only, as stipulated by article 7 of Law 435 of 1998, while presenting al requirements in Acuerdo 01 of 15th of Agosto of 2013.
The request must be presented (30) days prior to the Temporary Special License expiration date.
The payment must be done in BANCOLOMBIA, with the following instructions:
- Deposit the price in favor of CPNAA in the formato de recaudo empresarial /convenio No. 21022 form; In the "Referencia" field, please write in the ID number and name.
- If you wish to do the payment via wire transfer because you have a valid account with Bancolombia, you could do so with the following information: Navigate to "Sucursal Virtual", pagos a terceros, chose the option Categoría: Gremios, Fundaciones y Cooperativas and locate the name CONSEJO PROFESIONAL NACIONAL DE ARQUITECTURA Y SUS PROFESIONES AUXILIARES, agreement 21022.
- If you wish to do the payment via telephone, please call Bancolombia at 3430000 and follow the prompts to speak to a representative. Please supply the bank representative with the above name and agreement information. The Professional Registration Certificate duplicate requested during business days will be delivered the following Tuesday from 10 am on.
Note: Please be aware that these documents may only be submitted in person in the designated CPNAA offices. Applications for the Temporary Special License will be processed based on the pre-established CPNAA schedule. Please be advised, that the timeframe for approval will only be in effect if all the previous document requirements have been met.
Every authorization for releasing documents to third parties other than the person who submits the request must be submitted in writing as well as authorized by the submitter and must include:
- Signature of the Professional Architect or Auxiliary who enables the previously identified third party to pick up the duplicate
- Name and ID of the authorized third party person.
- ID Photocopy of the Professional Architect or Auxiliary that authorizes the pick-up.
- ID Photocopy of the authorized third party.
Note: The authorization for releasing of the documents, alongside the previous documents may be submitted in person at the CPNAA desginated offices or via email at email@example.com.
The documents that authorized third parties are able to pick-up are::
- Professional Enrollment
- Temporary Special License
- Professional Registration Certificate
- Duplicates (professional enrollment card, professional registration certificate and temporary special license)
- International Validity Certificate
Note: Please remember that if you request the documents to be sent outside of Bogota DC, this must be dully notified to the Council to enable proper guidance to the submitter or authorizer in accordance with the designated dates specified in the calendar.